Monday, March 25, 2013

The Easiest, (and Possibly the Cheapest!), Easter Decoration EVER!




I love going to Target and browsing through their $1.00 bins for goodies, do you? Recently on one of my trips to Target I spotted a bag of artificial speckled eggs and some raffia in a bag for only $1.00, and I instantly knew that I could make a cute Easter arrangement with them. Here's how I created it:

I started out with the bag of speckled eggs, raffia, and a vase that I had purchased for only a $1.00 during one of my trips to a local thrift shop:


The eggs were originally meant to be used as ornaments, and had raffia loops attached to the tops, so I cut those off:


I tucked the raffia into the bottom of the vase, making it look sort of like a nest, but I thought it needed a little something extra. I had the floral stem stashed away in my craft closet, and I knew it would be a perfect addition the "nest" I was building in the vase:


Lastly, I added 3 of the speckled eggs to the nest in the vase and TA-DAH!, a cute and inexpensive tabletop decoration for Easter. Oh! And I even have 3 speckled eggs left over to make another crafty project in the future! Here's a view looking down into the nest in the vase:


Here's another shot of the arrangement sitting on an end table in my living room:


Thanks for dropping by today! Have a GREAT week!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammy! Have a WONDERFUL Easter weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. Love it! Great price too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann! I loooove bargain shopping...and the bargain bins at Target are great! :) Wishing you a TERRIFIC Easter weekend!

      Delete
  3. Really cute Becky! Love the speckled eggs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.