Thursday, March 14, 2013

Recipe of the Week: Quick Apple Pie Roll-ups



Good morning! Today I am going to share a SUPER easy recipe with you for Quick Apple Pie Roll-ups. These really hit the spot when you just need a little something sweet, and are great served for breakfast too!


Ingredients:
  • 1 rolled up refrigerated pie crust dough
  • 1 can apple pie filling
  • 1 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
Method:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Allow rolled up pie crust dough to come to room temperature, then carefully unroll and lay on a piece of waxed paper. Cut the pie dough into 8 equal wedges. Place a Tablespoon of apple pie filling onto the wide end of each wedge, roll up, and tuck the ends in as best you can. Place on a greased baking sheet. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle a little bit over the tops of each of the roll-ups. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Serve with a side of vanilla ice cream, if desired. (NOTE: You will have most of the can of apple pie filling left, so click HERE for my spiced apple cake recipe that you can make using the leftover canned pie filling.)

Enjoy!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Gotta try this recipe! Have you ever made it with crescent rolls instead of pie crust?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jill! I've only used pie crust, but I have seen recipes similar to this that use crescent rolls. I have a GREAT recipe that my friend Kellie gave me many, many years ago called "Apple Bundles", which uses crescent rolls and freshly sliced apples...I'll have to share it on here soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.