Monday, August 18, 2014

Reversible Brad Pendant Necklace Tutorial...

Happy Monday, friends! Today I'm going to share with you a quick tutorial on how to create pretty necklaces from jumbo brads. The one that I'm showing you today is reversible and I made it for my super sweet friend, Darla W.

Here's a pic of one side:


And here's a pic of the reverse side:


Let's get started!! You'll need a large brad, (which I found at my local Hobby Lobby), and some basic crafting materials, such as scrap paper, pearls or beads, cording to string the pendant on, decorative bale and Mod Podge Dimensional Magic.

The brad that I used for this project measured about 1 1/4" across the middle:


Remove the prongs from the back side using a pair of wire cutters. Trim them even against the edge of the brad, so as not to have any sharp edges:


Pour your beads or pearls into the concave side of the brad and then add Mod Podge Dimensional Magic over the top of the beads or pearls.


Top the beads or pearls with little embellishments, such as tiny keys, letters, etc. and allow to thoroughly dry before turning the brad over to decorate the smooth side.


To decorate the smooth side of the brad, I used a scrap of decorative paper. I attached the paper to the brad using Mod Podge Dimensional Magic, and then added a coat of Dimensional Magic to the top of the paper to give it a glossy look. Carefully place a bale into the wet Dimensional Magic, and allow to thoroughly dry. Once dry, you can add a strip of rhinestones to the outer edge if desired...as you can see, I used black rhinestones.


String the finished pendant onto a silk cord and then enjoy all of the compliments that you'll receive when you wear it! :)

Wishing you a WONDERFUL week!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.