Monday, March 8, 2010

Becky and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day....

Before I even made it to the front door of my office building this morning, 2 of our District's maintenance guys stopped me and told me that I'd need waders if I went in the building...I asked them if the bathroom had sprung a leak over the weekend and they said that one of the water fountains had burst. At this point, the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day hadn't really sunk in for me yet....then I walked through the front doors and HOLY CATS!!!! Water was EVERYWHERE. The only offices that were spared were a few at the very back of the building, and since my office is one of the first ones as you enter the building, it was one that flooded over the weekend. So, being the "glass half-full" kinda gal that I am, my first thought was "Thank heavens that this happened this weekend and not next weekend, since next week is spring break and the damage could have been sooooo much worse because no one would have been here to discover it"...but then that was before the exhaustion of the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day set in. Our District's custodial staff snapped into action with wet-dry vacs, our warehousemen delivered lots & lots of boxes for us to begin packing up our water-logged stuff, our Technology department dried out & moved our computers, the insurance company was called, as well as a clean-up/restoration company to assist with the clean-up. Most of my department spent the day boxing up water soaked books & files and moving them where we could. The majority of my department has been relocated to another building for now, and a handful of us remain at our building. I have currently relocated to an empty office in the back of the building that wasn't soaked from the water leak. Tomorrow I'll unbox what I need to work...hopefully we'll know soon when things will be back to "normal"! Needless to say, I am EXHAUSTED, and just glad to be home, showered, and in my p.j.'s recuperating from this Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day....maybe I'll move to Australia?!?!? On a positive note, I must say that through all of this I truly appreciate the people that I work with all across our school district....they are some of the kindest and most AMAZING people that I know and I'm so proud to work with them! Here's a photo of our department's secretarial staff, which was taken last April on secretary's day. From left to right: Me, Kristin, Rachel, Wanda, Penny, Angie, Marilyn, Cynde, & Stacey. Even on Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Days like today, I enjoy working with these gals and wouldn't trade them for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.