Monday, March 15, 2010

Delicious & Easy Cookies


Hi!  My fellas love it when I bake, but I just don't seem to have as much time to spend in the kitchen these days. Thankfully I stumbled across a GREAT recipe for cookies that is both fast & easy!  Here is a photo of the cookies that I made using chocolate cake mix, but I've also made them using lemon cake mix.  (Justin said that the chocolate ones tasted like a brownie!)  Here's the recipe:

Fast & Easy Cookies
1 box of cake mix - any flavor
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Pecan halves

Method
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine cake mix, eggs & oil, hand stirring until mixed.  Scoop into walnut-sized balls, place onto cookie sheet, and press a pecan half into the top of the ball.  Bake for about 8 minutes, remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.  Makes 2 dozen cookies.

Hints
When I used lemon cake mix, I also added about 2 tablespoons of lemon zest.  I haven't tried this yet, but I think that I'll make a batch using cherry cake mix and add a marchino cherry to the center rather than a pecan...might be really good & pretty too!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. OMG When I scrolled through your blog I saw this in a thumbnail and clicked, I Do the same thing!!!
    awesome right? but yours a much prettier!!!

    I usually put in chocolate buttons into a choc cake mix. Everyone loves them!

    actually I'm going to make some this weekend!! Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.