Monday, June 7, 2010

Monogrammed Correspondence Set Tutorial

Hi! Below you'll see a photo of the cute monogrammed correspondence set that I made to give to my friend Carolyn for her birthday. The set includes monogrammed notecards with matching envelopes, a bookmark, a post-it holder with pink monogrammed post-it notes, a pen, and a magazine-style box to hold everything together in a neat little package.



Here are the supplies that I used:


CTMH Products:
  • Olive cardstock
  • Chocolate cardstock
  • Blush cardstock
  • White Daisy cardstock
  • Alphabet stamps from the "Felicity" pack
  • Medallion stamp from the "Key to My Heart" pack
  • "A Tweet" stamp set
  • "Playful Flourishes" stamp set
  • Chocolate ink
  • Blush ink
  • Copper bitty brad
  • Bitty sparkles
  • Chocolate grosgrain ribbon
  • White mini rick-rack
  • 3-D dots
Non-CTMH products:
  • Polkadot ribbon
  • Cards and envelopes
  • Pentel pen
  • Teriffically Tacky Tape
  • Tape runner adhesive
  • Xyron sticker-maker
  • Peel-n-stick velcro dot
I started by making the box, which is modeled after a slant-sided magazine organizer. It will contain cards that are 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and their coordinating A2 envelopes. (Keep checking my blog, as I'll be creating and posting another SUPER CUTE project soon using this box design and the new Cherry-O papers! The upcoming Cherry-O project posting will be a sneak-peak of what my monthly workshop attendees will be making in July!)


Here is the diagram that I created to make the box:

To create the slants, measure out 1 3/4" from the score lines at the top and make a light pencil mark. Measure 3 1/4" from the top corner and make a light pencil mark. Line up the pencil marks on your paper cutter, and trim off to form angle. Trim an additional 1/4" off of the sides of those flaps. Trim 1" off of the sides of the center flaps, and 1/4" off of the bottom flaps as well. (Trimmed areas are shown in black on the diagram above). Fold on all score lines, to form box as shown in photo above, and secure with Terrifically Tacky Tape for a strong hold. Run a 16" piece of ribbon through a Xyron machine to apply adhesive, then attach ribbon to the circumference of the box, overlapping ribbon slightly in the center on the front of the box. Decorate the front of the box as desired. I used the adorable little bird stamp from the CTMH "A Tweet" stamp set. It's one of my new favorite stamp sets and a REAL BARGAIN at a cost of only $7.95!!!

Next I created the monogrammed cards, envelopes, book mark, and post-it note holder. The cards are a simple and elegant design...for each card you only need two 3 1/2" x 2" pieces of cardstock in different colors, (I used Blush and Chocolate), and one piece of 3 1/4" x 4 1/2" piece of cardstock in another color, (I used Olive). I ran a 5" piece of coordinating ribbon through my Xyron to apply adhesive, then attached the ribbon to the center of the Olive cardstock. I adhered the Blush and Chocolate cardstock to the upper left and lower right corners of the card blank, and then adhered the Olive cardstock with the ribbon to the center. I then stamped the medallion using Blush ink, and centered the monogram over the medallion, stamping with Chocolate ink, as shown in the photo.


Here are the instructions on how to make the post-it note cover: 

Start by stamping monogram on the lower right corner of each post-it note. Next, cut a piece of cardstock, (I used Olive), 6 3/8" long by 3" wide. Score at 3 1/16" and again at 3 5/16". Adhere the pad of post-it notes to the inside back cover using Teriffically Tacky Tape. Cut a contrasting band of cardstock, (I used Blush), 1 1/2" wide by 9 5/8" long. Wrap around the center of the cover, creasing on the sides to follow the form of the cover and overlapping across the middle of the front. Adhere the back of the band to the back of the cover and the front left band to the front cover, using Teriffically Tacky Tape, as shown in the photos below:




Cut a 2" x 2" piece of Chocolate cardstock, turn on the diagonal, and adhere to the top of the band, trimming the band point to match the point of the Chocolate cardstock as shown in photo below:



Center monogrammed medallion over Chocolate square and adhere with a 3-D dot. Place a small piece of peel-n-stick velcro on the back of the band, behind the Chocolate square, to close the post-it holder as shown in the photo below:


I hope you've enjoyed this project! Please feel free to email me with any comments you may have...I'd love to hear from you!

Have a blessed day!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.