Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Recipe of the Week...Marinated Cucumber & Tomato Salad

Well, today is the day that I've been dreading for the past two weeks...root canal day! After spending over 3 hours in the dentist's chair, my root canal is complete and I am sporting a temporary crown until my next appointment in a couple of weeks. My jaw is really, really sore, so I could only drink a cup of soup for supper...I am a TOTAL WEENIE when it comes to having dental work!!

On a happier note, Mike's been gathering tomatoes from our little garden spot and they are so delicious! There's nothing like the flavor home-grown tomatoes!! The recipe that I'm sharing with you this week is one of Justin's favorites, using some of the cherry tomatoes that Mike picked from the garden. It's a cool and summery side dish which goes well with beef, pork or chicken. I hope you enjoy it too!


Ingredients:
  • 2 or 3 medium sized cucumbers, peeled and sliced
  • 2 dozen cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
  • 2 cups cider vinegar
  • 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • salt to taste
Method:
Add all ingredients to bowl and stir. Set in refrigerator for 2 - 4 hours to allow flavors to marry. Stir before serving. Refrigerate left-overs.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Found you through Paper Craftorium....really like your blog and am going to follow! I like how you do a recipe of the week! How fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.