Monday, June 14, 2010

Recipe of the Week....Mexican Stew

What a rainy, rainy day it's been! There's been some flooding in parts of Tulsa and Oklahoma City, but thankfully Broken Arrow was spared from that! I called my sis-in-law, Lea Ann, who lives in Edmond, to make sure that they hadn't been swept away by the flood waters, and they were all just fine!

The upside about all of the rain is that the temps were cooler today...the high was only 81 degrees! I put a batch of "Mexican Stew" in the crockpot before I left for work this morning, so that it would be ready when we all got home this evening. (I just LOVE my crockpots...they're such a blessing for a working gal!)

I had to go to the dentist this afternoon...I broke one of my back teeth last week, and the dentist was on vacation, so I couldn't get in to see him until today. (Thankfully I wasn't in any pain!) Anyway, the verdict is that I have to have a root canal and a crown - ugh! So, I've got two upcoming appointments to get that tooth fixed. Thank heavens for dental insurance...but the part I have to pay is an expense that I hadn't counted on right now. Oh, well! It is what it is!

Enough about my day...here's the recipe for Mexican Stew, which Mike and Justin gave "two-thumbs-up", (actually, I guess that would be four thumbs up, eh? HA!)



Ingredients:
  • 1 can nacho cheese with jalepenos
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 can Ranch style beans
  • 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
  • 1 lb. lean hamburger meat
  • 1 can corn
  • 1/2 cup chopped pepper (your choice - green, yellow or red!)
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 package dry taco seasoning
Method:
Brown hamburger meat with onion and pepper; drain and rinse to remove fat. Return drained/rinsed meat to skillet and add taco seasoning and water per directions on package and bring to simmer. Add can of nacho cheese and stir until melted. Pour mixture into crockpot. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Serve with corn tortillas, (or Fritos), and top with cheese, sour cream, olives, etc. ENJOY!

Have a safe week!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.