Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day!! I thought I'd share some Dad photos along with a great Father's Day poem which is posted at the bottom. Some of my favorite things about my dad are:
  • Listening to him sing...he has a beautiful voice! I especially love it when he sings old-time hymns; my particular favorite is "In the Garden". Also, he can yodle like nobody's business!
  • His work-ethic...my dad always worked very hard to provide for our family. I learned at a very young age that there is no such thing as a "free ride" and to succeed you have to work hard.
  • His humbleness...he always taught me and my sister that we weren't better than anyone, but that we weren't beneath anyone either! 
  • Watching him work...my dad is very artistic and builds incredibly beautiful Kentucky long-rifle muzzleloaders. The way he carves the stock out of a blank piece of curly maple wood is a miraculous thing to witness!
Here's a photo of me and my dad, taken in November 1967...


Here's one of me and my dad, taken a few years ago...as you can see some things never change because he still wears plaid flannel shirts - ha! ha!


Here's one of Mike and his dad...



Here's one of the 3 "Brown Men" together: Logan, Mike, and Justin...


And last, but not least, here's two of my favorite photos of Mike and Justin. The first one was taken in 1995, when Justin was only 5 years old, while they were out fishing. The second photo was taken a couple of years ago while they were duck and goose hunting on a snowy day. I LOVE this picture of the two of them...the grins on their faces show how much fun they have being together, especially when they're hunting or fishing! Mike is such a wonderful father, husband and friend! He and Justin have always had a terrific relationship and Justin has always said "My dad is my best buddy!" How awesome is that?!?!?



Here's a great poem, (I'm not sure who the author is), that would be a nice to add to a scrapbook page to commemmorate how special a dad is:

Father's Blessing

Mender of toys, leader of boys,
Changer of fuses, kisser of bruises,
Bless him, Oh Lord.

Mover of couches, soother of ouches,
Pounder of nails, teller of tales,
Reward him, Oh Lord.

Hanger of screens, counselor of teens,
Fixer of bikes, chastiser of tykes,
Help him, Oh Lord.

Raker of leaves, cleaner of eaves,
Dryer of dishes, fulfiller of wishes,
Bless him, Oh Lord.


Have a blessed day!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.