On a happier note, Mike's been gathering tomatoes from our little garden spot and they are so delicious! There's nothing like the flavor home-grown tomatoes!! The recipe that I'm sharing with you this week is one of Justin's favorites, using some of the cherry tomatoes that Mike picked from the garden. It's a cool and summery side dish which goes well with beef, pork or chicken. I hope you enjoy it too!
- 2 or 3 medium sized cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 2 dozen cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
Add all ingredients to bowl and stir. Set in refrigerator for 2 - 4 hours to allow flavors to marry. Stir before serving. Refrigerate left-overs.