Monday, February 23, 2015

A Little This and a Little That: Tulsa Vintage Show

Good morning! I hope you had a fun and restful weekend. On Saturday my pal, Robbi R., and I attended the Vintage Tulsa Show at the Tulsa Fairgrounds Exchange Center. WOW! There were sooooo many cool things to see there! Robbi purchased a cabinet for her cookbook collection, as well as some lovely vintage fabric and tablecloths. I bought some pretty silver spoons, which I'll be using to make some cool jewelry, so I'll be sharing pics of that project here in the future! I also bought a wooden bowl and some distressed metal stars that I've got plans for on a July 4th wreath. ;)

There were so many amazing things to see...fabulous antique books and furniture, dishes, signage...the list goes on and on! Here are a few pics of some of the things that caught my eye...

First off, check out this ADORABLE child-sized rickshaw...LOVE it! (I thought of my dear friend Linda H. when I saw this...she, Mike and I have an on-going inside joke about rickshaws, so when you see this Linda, I know you'll get a chuckle!!)


I know that my sweet hubby would have loved to have had this matted/framed Winchester calendar page from 1917 to hang on one of the walls in his "man-room", but with a price tag of $4,750.00 it was not meant to be. It's UBER-COOL though...just think, WWI was going on when it hung on a wall in someone's home or business...


Next up is a fantastic kitchen island that was made from reclaimed windows, a farmhouse bead-board ceiling, and a butcher block top! I really love this piece! Hinges were attached to the windows to create doors on both sides of the island. Think how unique it would be in someone's kitchen, decorated inside for the seasons or highlighting their beloved collection:


Last, but not by any means least, for giggles I snapped a pic of this mounted water buffalo head...I can't help but think how funny it would be to decorate it for the seasons. (Santa hat at Christmas, bunny ears at Easter, Mardi Gras beads...oh my!!)


On that silly note, I'll sign off for today. Wishing you a great week ahead!! :)

Blessings,

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.