Friday, March 13, 2015

Doodle-ology...

Hi, friends! Just a quick post today to talk about doodling and to share one of my favorite blogs with you.

Many of us are "doodlers". I doodle while I'm talking on the phone, while I'm sitting in church or when I'm in a meeting. Somehow, I just listen to things better when there's a pen or pencil in my hand and I'm doodling. (On my church bulletins you'll find reference notes from the sermons as well as unrelated doodles - lol!) For me, there's just something about doodling that empties my mind of stress...it's relaxing and it's free! Who couldn't use a little relaxing and free therapy?? Doodles aren't about perfection, it's about just freely penning, (or penciling!), on a piece of paper...it's like being a little kid again with a new box of Crayons and a blank note pad; just drawing and coloring to your heart's content. :)

Just for fun, I thought I'd share a couple of my doodle pages with you...as you can see, I tend to doodle alphabets and nature themed objects such as birds, flowers, bees, leaves and the like:



Someone who has turned her doodling into a profession is Stephanie Ackerman. She creates the most beautiful doodles which have become lovely pieces of art as well as rubber stamps that are available for purchase. (You can click HERE to go to Stephanie's blog to see her work and to download her free doodle-art worksheets.) She offers classes, both online and at various shops around the country. I took one of her online doodling classes a couple of years ago, and it was really fun! One day, if she comes to a shop in Oklahoma, I would LOVE to meet her in person and take one of her art classes. Check out her art work and you'll see what I mean!

Have a fun and relaxing weekend, and if you're feeling a little stressed, why not pick up a pen or pencil and a scrap of paper and doodle yourself to relaxation?

Blessings,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.