Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Recipe of the Week: Pepperidge Farm French Toast Casserole

Happy Wednesday! We're half-way to the weekend, folks! Speaking of the weekend, I thought I'd share a recipe with you that I recently made for our Saturday morning breakfast. I stumbled upon a recipe on Pinterest for French Toast Casserole using a loaf of Cinnamon Swirl bread from Pepperidge Farms, and since I had just bought a loaf of this yummy bread I had to try the recipe:

(Image from Pepperidge Farm)

You can click HERE to go to Pepperidge Farm's link for the recipe. I added a 1/2 tsp. of rum extract to the egg batter, for a little extra flavor. It turned out really good, but I've decided that the next time I make this I'm going to toss in some chopped pecans and brown sugar for a little added texture and sweetness. (I even wondered what it would taste like to toss in some cooked, chopped bacon? I love the taste of bacon dipped in maple syrup, so it might be pretty delish!)

Have a GREAT day! :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.