Monday, June 8, 2015

Recipe of the Week: Fresh Blackberry Cobbler

Hello friends! I hope that the beginning of your week has started out fantastic! I am super excited to show you the first batch of blackberries that I picked from my little garden on Saturday:


Aren't they beautiful? They are HUGE too...most of them are the size of the end of my thumb! (Not saying that I have huge thumbs - LOL! - but that berries the size of the end of my thumb are huge!)

I decided that these lovelies should be made into a delicious cobbler and bowled up with some vanilla ice cream, and I knew you'd want the recipe! :)


I wanted a quick cobbler recipe, so I did a Google search and found one at allrecipes.com that fit the bill nicely! Here's the recipe that I used:

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 cups blackberries, rinsed and patted dry
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup self-rising flour
  • 3/4 cup milk
METHOD:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in an 8" x 8" glass baking dish. In a medium mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour and milk, stirring until mixed. Pour batter over the top of the butter in the baking dish. Place berries on top of the batter and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and store any leftovers covered in the refrigerator.

Have a great week!

Blessings,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.