Monday, June 29, 2015

Doodle Art


Good morning and happy Monday, friends! As you know, I am a HUGE fan of Stephanie Ackerman, her blog, classes and artwork. I recently signed up for her online Bible Journaling class, and have been working on/practicing my doodling and lettering skills. Today I thought that I'd share one of the "practice pieces" that I created in preparation of beginning to journal in the new ESV wide margin Bible that I just received in the mail:


I kinda like how it turned out, and I appreciate the imperfections of it being a hand-drawn piece. I think the I'll put it in a desk frame to display and encourage myself to practice, practice, practice my doodling an lettering. :)

As silly as it sounds, I've been a little intimidated to actually draw/color in my new Bible...even though that is what I bought it for - lol! I decided to jump into it slowly by using some scripture doodles that I found on Stephanie Ackerman's blog, as well as several that I found on Pinterest. I printed off the examples that I liked and that inspired me, and have been using those as my springboard for my first attempts at journaling and drawing in my new Bible.

If you are new to Bible journaling as I am, and are feeling a bit intimidated to dive into marking/drawing in your Bible, I HIGHLY suggest that you check out Pinterest and the following blogs for some inspiration:
Some of these sites have free printables that you can trace into the margins of your Bible and then color/decorate/embellish any way you choose. This is a great way to ease into incorporating artwork into your daily Bible studies.

I hope this has inspired you to jump into a Bible Journaling class as well! It's a fun new way to experience the word of God and to grow in Him!

Wishing you a blessed week!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.