Monday, July 13, 2015

Bible Journaling Art

Good morning! I recently signed up for Stephanie Ackerman's online Bible Journaling class, and I have really been enjoying incorporating artwork with the scripture of the week that she shares with us. Today I thought that I would share with you a few of the journaling pages I've created in my Bible...

First off is Matthew 5:8: "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God."


The next entry is from Romans 15:13: "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope."


My next entry is Philippians 4:13: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."


For Psalm 84:5, "Blessed are those whose strength is in you", I simply used the word BLESSED for my journaling:


Since summer is here to stay for a while, I couldn't help but draw some cute flip-flops to go along with the verse from Psalm 71:16: "I walk in the strength of the Lord God. I tell everyone that You alone are just and good."


For 1 Chronicles 16:41, "Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His presence continually", I drew some fun/funky cat-eye glasses...mainly because for me to seek anything these days I have to wear my bifocals - ha! ha! ;)


I have to admit that I was a bit intimidated to draw in my Bible, and although some people use watercolors for their Bible artwork, I haven't gotten that brave yet! Instead, I use colored pencils, and I have been quite pleased with the results.

Thanks so much for dropping by today!! I hope you have a FANTASTIC week!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Love your Bible Art Journaling. Do you mind if we post some of your illustrations on our Facebook page Quad City Bible Art Journaling? We have recently started our small group of journalers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.