Monday, July 20, 2015

Sweet Baby Girl Collage Shadow Box and Card

Hi, friends!! My sweet hubby and I are on vacation this week - WOOHOO!! - so I'll share vacation pics with you next week! For now, though, I wanted to show you the baby girl shadow box that I made for my sweet friend Diana P., who was blessed with her very first grandchild last month! Her oldest son and daughter-in-law had a precious baby girl, so I wanted to create something special for Diana to commemorate this wonderful occasion:


To protect their privacy, I blurred out the birth stats on this post, so that is why the words on the tag are un-readable. Here are a few close-up shots of the embellishments so that you can see their detail:

I incorporated a gold key, along with some strips of lace, a scrap of burlap, flat-backed pearls and a sweet little paper rose to highlight the word LEGACY and it's definition. I also incorporated a pretty little cameo-style "W" embellishment, since the baby's name is Wynnerie:


The tag that I used for the "stats" was aged by soaking it in a mixture of coffee, cinnamon and vanilla. I typed up the information on Word on my computer, and then attached the tag to a full-sized piece of paper and ran it through my printer. I added a piece of paper doily to the bottom of the tag, along with some flat-backed pearls. I added some sweet baby pink organza ribbon, a sage green ribbon, and layered it on top of a piece of burlap and an aged/distressed paper doily:


Here's another cute little paper rose that I placed on top of a pretty sage ribbon bow:


The background paper is a beautiful floral piece that I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I added 3 rows of lovely, polka-dot ruffled ribbon to the top of the collage...something about those ruffles remind me of the cute little ruffled diaper covers that baby girls wear...ADORBS!! :)


I also made a coordinating card to go with the shadow box, incorporating some of the same papers and elements such as burlap, paper roses/doily, organza ribbon, etc.:


I mailed the gift to Diana, who lives in Georgia, and she received it on Friday. Here's a photo of her with the shadow box and card...isn't she just so pretty!! I am truly blessed to have her as a friend! We've been friends since 8th grade, and although we haven't seen each other in years, we've always stayed in touch through letters, Facebook, etc. Long-time friends are such a wonderful gift! :)


Thanks for dropping by today! Have a WONDERFUL week!!

Blessings,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.