Monday, July 6, 2015

Country Wedding Memory Box

Happy Monday! I hope that you had a fun and safe 4th of July weekend. Ours was pretty uneventful...our little dog Tony freaks out when the fireworks start, so we stayed home with him wrapped in a quilt on our laps to calm his fears. Mike did grill hamburgers and hotdogs though...after all, what is the 4th of July without those??

A week ago this past Saturday a sweet friend of our family got married. As a gift, I made a wedding memory box for her. She and her hubby had a barn wedding, and had some really pretty photos taken outside. I used one of the photos of them standing near a fence, and added some country-themed embellishments:


Here are a few close-ups of the embellishments that I incorporated into the barn wood memory box. First off, at Hobby Lobby I found a corrugated tin "G" for their last name, and I knew it was a perfect accent! I attached a metal western star to a jute heart using a torn piece of denim:


I tea/cinnamon dyed a white paper doily to give it an aged look, and once it was dry I tucked it partially behind the matted photo. I also added a paper flower and a little silver key that I tied with  simple twine bow:


I had a sticker with the definition of the word CHERISH, so I distressed the edges with a pair of scissors and brown ink, and then attached it to a torn piece of barn red mulberry paper:


Along the upper left curve of the matted photo, I added some light mocha-colored flat-backed pearls:


And there it is...a lovely memory box for a lovely young lady on her special day!

Thanks so much for dropping by today!! Have a FANTASTIC week!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.