Monday, June 23, 2014

Dorm Room Accessories

Good morning, folks! Well, last week got away from me and I didn't get a second post typed up to show you the dorm room accessories that I made for Kennedie - sorry! Anyhoo, the comforter that Kennedie got for her dorm room is a yellow and gray chevron print, so I found the following fabrics to go with that color scheme:


I created a cute, oblong pillow for her bed. (The fabric on the back of the pillow is black and white gingham.) The yellow tie in the middle has black pom-poms stitched to the ends for a little extra embellishment:


There was enough of the the floral print fabric left over to make a dry erase board for her to jot down messages, homework assignments, etc. Using a spray adhesive, I attached the fabric to a piece of cardboard that I cut to fit inside of the frame. Kennedie can write on the glass front using a dry erase marker that I tied to the hanger on the back of the frame:


As you can see, I glued a large black pom-pom to the end of the dry erase marker, which will serve as an eraser to remove the ink from the glass.

Thanks for dropping by today!

Blessings,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.