Monday, June 2, 2014

Trash to Treasure: Altered Window Laundry Room Art

Happy Monday, friends! This is my last week of work, then I am officially on summer break for the next two months - WOOHOO!!! I have lots of crafty things to make, vegetable and flower gardens to tend to, great foods to cook, and wonderful books to read...how I ever make time to go to work is beyond me - ha! ha! ha! ;)

Today I want to share with you a really fun trash-to-treasure project that I created for my sweet friend, Pam R.'s, laundry room. I started out with an old wooden window frame and my hubby removed the top glass and added chicken wire in its place. I aged and distressed some tags by soaking them in a mixture of tea and cinnamon. Once the tags were dry, I stamped letters on them in black ink to spell the word L.A.U.N.D.R.Y. I added a piece of rope across the top to simulate a clothes line, and then tied the tags on with jute twine. My sweet hubs spray painted a dozen clothes pins red, so that Pam can hang up socks that end up without a mate. (The remaining 8 clothes pins are inside the basket at the bottom of the window.)


I left the bottom window intact; and attached a piece of cardboard, with burlap adhered to it, inside the window. Before placing the burlap piece in the window, I printed images of old soap boxes and glued them to the burlap. I added red and cream gingham ribbon and buttons to the burlap to divide the soap box images, then tacked the burlap covered cardboard inside the window frame with a staple gun. Here's a close-up view of the soap box images:


Oh! And here's a close-up view of the aged tags:


Lastly, I wrapped gingham ribbon around the top edge of a twig basket. (I picked up the basket on clearance at Lowe's for just $3.00 last fall, and had it tucked away just waiting for an awesome project like this!) I tied a pretty bow onto the front of the basket for a little more country charm. My hubs attached 2 cup hooks along the bottom edge of the wood frame for the basket to hang from, and TA-DAH!, a fun piece of laundry room art was born!


Thanks for dropping by today! Have a SUPER week!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.