Monday, September 22, 2014

Quick & Easy Dry Erase Board...

Good morning, folks! Just a quick little post today to show you a simple dry-erase board that I made for my friend Megan F.'s daughter, Hailee, who recently started college at UCO in Edmond, OK.

These dry-erase boards are super easy to make, and can be customized to fit any decor. Hailee collects elephants, so I incorporated a couple of cute paper elephants in the lower right corner of her dry-erase board:


To make one of these, simply purchase a frame that you like. Remove the backing and glue paper or fabric to the cardboard backing. Embellish as desired...as you can see I added the elephants, a "Live, Laugh & Love" quote and ribbon to cover the seam of the two papers that I used inside the frame. Clean the glass really good, and place your decorated cardboard piece back into the frame. Attach a piece of Velcro to the side of the frame, and another piece of Velcro to a dry-erase marker. (I also added a cute piece of pink ric-rac to the top of the dry-erase marker.) To create an eraser for the marker, I simply glued a large black pom-pom to the cap of the marker...now Hailee can write notes on the glass and erase them with a simple swipe of the pom-pom cap! :)

In closing, I'd like to ask for prayers for my sweet, 84 year old father-in-law, Logan, who is having back surgery this Thursday. Please pray for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery for him! Thanks so much! :)

Have a WONDERFUL week!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.