Monday, September 29, 2014

These Are a Few of My Favorite Fall Things...

I admit it...I am a junkie for fall! I looove the changing colors of the leaves; the beautiful orange, red and gold colors that unfold almost overnight! I LOVE decorating for fall...incorporating beautiful yellow mums and pansies into my flower gardens and porches, as well as tucking in a few pumpkins here and there. With that being said, I thought I'd share with you a few of my favorite fall things that I've been privy to so far this month...

First off, here's a pic of my front porch all "cuted out" for fall:


The next series of pics has to do with this sweet little apple tree that is growing in my backyard:


I harvested 24 apples off of it this year:



Aren't they so pretty?? They taste as good as they look too...all crunchy and juicy...apple perfection!


I whipped up a couple of pies using some of the apples from my tree, and they turned out absolutely SCRUMPTIOUS! (Click HERE for my apple pie recipe.) I even shared some of my bountiful apple harvest with my sweet friend Robbi R., who is BY FAR the BEST cook that I know! I tucked the apples that I gave her into a cute red pail that I placed a rub-on letter "R" on the front of. I folded a square of burlap inside the pail to cushion the apples, then added a sweet blue gingham bow to the handle:


Now Robbi can make a pie for her sweet hubs, Dave!

I also made a batch of apple butter...but I cheated and used store-bought applesauce to make it. (Nothing wrong with simplifying and cutting a few corners, gals!! The end result is UBER-DELISH!!! Click HERE for the apple butter recipe that I use...it was given to me by Robbi about 20 years ago, and gets rave reviews!)


Lastly, my friend and co-worker Christi W. had a cute little orange pail that she asked me to turn into a fall floral arrangement, so here's what I came up with:


I simply added a strip of burlap and lace ribbon around the outside of the pail, then glued on a button that I tied up with a pretty black gingham bow. Inside the pail I placed florists foam, then added yellow sunflowers, fall leaves, ivy, fall-colored silk hydrangeas, berries, and a rust-colored butterfly. I really love how it turned out, and I'm taking it to work tomorrow to give to her.

On a final note, my father-in-law's back surgery last Thursday went great and he is back at home to rest and recuperate! Thank you so very much for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers...much appreciated! :)

Thanks so much for dropping by today to share my fall obsessions! Wishing you a WONDERFUL week ahead!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.