Saturday, June 11, 2011

Birthday Card for My Brother-in-Law

WOOHOO!! It's finally Saturday!! I've got a lot of organizational projects that I'm working on this weekend, but I wanted to take a minute to post a photo of the card that I made for my dear brother-in-law, John, who is celebrating a birthday today!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, JOHN!!! We love ya!!


The paper is from the CTMH "Good Times" paper pack. I crimped a strip of garden green cardstock and attached it to the card with Glue Dots to cover the seam between the two papers. I then wove a piece of hemp around the crimped strip to form loose loop. I used 3-D dots to attach an embellishment that I made using a scallop punch, a scrap of cream grosgrain ribbon, hemp and a star that I stamped and cut out. I stamped the happy birthday sentiment on a piece of cream cardstock and looped/attached a scrap piece of chocolate grosgrain ribbon to one end with a decorative brad.

Here's a side view of the card, so that you can see the looped hemp better:


Well, I'm off to tackle those organizational projects! First stop is helping Mike clean/organize the garage, which is gonna take a while...

Have a super fun and safe weekend!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Great card! Love the DP and how you used the star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE your card Becky! I may have to CASE the design for my upcoming card workshop! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The looped hemp is so cool! Love all the details of your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.