Thursday, August 6, 2015

Re-stocking My Card Stash...

Hello! With all of the birthdays, anniversaries and weddings that we've had in our circle of friends and family lately, I desperately needed to make some cards to re-stock my card stash for future events. Here are a few of the cards that I've been working on:

This is a wedding card that was given to the couple that I made the country wedding shadow box for. (You can click HERE to see that shadow box, if you'd like.)


Next up is a feminine birthday card using lots of pretty scraps of paper doilies, ribbon and paper:


I even decorated the inside of the card to match the outside of the card:


It's always good to have a few, simple, masculine cards on hand, so I made this one and I think it fits the bill nicely:


On the inside of the card I created a pocket to slip money or a gift card into for the recipient:


My sweet SIL Lea Ann has been very ill and in the hospital for quite a while, so I made this card and mailed it to her to help cheer her up:


I REALLY LOVE how her card turned out...I am a sucker for frilly, feminine things like lace, pearls, flowers, etc., which I incorporated into her card. I decorated the inside of her card as well, with a coordinating piece of ribbon and a cardstock heart with pearl accents:


Here's a fun, country-looking birthday card. I added buttons tied with jute twine, as well as a simple fabric flower that I stitched up using fabric scraps. Lace and additional twine that I curled around a skewer add some extra texture and dimension:


Next up is a shabby-chic looking wedding card that I created using a little metal key, a tea-stained doily, flat-backed pearls, and a deconstructed/aged silk flower:


Here's a fun birthday card for a friend, in which I incorporated a piece of green ric-rac and a scrap of fabric that I folded and tied into a decorative knot for a different kind of decorative element:


Last, but not least, here's the anniversary card and coordinating envelope that I made for my folks, who will celebrate their 51st wedding anniversary this Saturday, August 8th. (Happy anniversary, mom and dad...love you bunches!!)










Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.