Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Recipe of the Week...Sugared Strawberry Pecan Loaf


Here's a wonderfully moist quick bread to make for breakfast, brunch, or just snacking on any time of day! It's delicious served with coffee, hot cocoa, or cappuccino.

Ingredients:
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup lite sour cream
  • 1 cup diced strawberries
  • 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Method:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl with an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla to creamed butter and sugar mixture. In separate bowl combine dry ingredients. Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed ingredients until thoroughly blended. Add sour cream. Fold in strawberries and pecans and pour mixture into a buttered 9" x 5" loaf pan. Sprinkle additional sugar on top of batter. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean when inserted into loaf. Cool in pan for 30 minutes and then transfer loaf from pan to a towel covered cooling rack. Can be served warm with butter...DELICIOUS!

Have a wonderful day!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Looks spectacular!! I do love me some berries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try this one! I LOVE quick breads this time of year. Thanks Becky!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delish! I have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks super yummy! I will need to try it once I get unpacked! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you use fresh strawberries or can you use frozen? Our strawberries aren't very good this time of year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used fresh strawberries, but I think that it would be just fine to use frozen ones. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.