Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A Scrapbook Page a Day During the Month of May: No. 10

Hi, friends! I thought that I'd post a 2-page Christmas layout for you today. I used kraft cardstock for the background, bordering the top and sides with strips of cranberry-colored cardstock. For a little extra detail I added sage green cardstock diamond shapes with brass brads to the intersecting corners of the borders. The "Home for the Holidays" snowman cutout in the upper corner of the page is simply an image that I cut out of a Christmas card that I received that year. I loved the image and colors, so I decided to use it on the layout. I attached it using 3-D dots to "pop" it off of the page just a bit:


On the adjoining page I created a little pocket at the bottom to place a journaling tag and a copy of the "Brown Family Christmas Festivities Guide" that I create each year for our family. This guide lists what our menu will be, what each person will bring to share at the dinner, information about our annual Bingo game, etc. I incorporated additional decorative elements to the pocket, using images that I cut out from the same Christmas card:


By creatively trimming the photographs, I was able to get 16 photos on a 2-page spread, as well as a memorabilia/journaling pocket! :)

Wishing you a wonderful day!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.