Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Scrapbook Page a Day During the Month of May: No. 19

Good morning, friends! I hope that you had a safe and restful 3-day weekend. Justin was a groomsman in the wedding of one of his buddies over the weekend, so we "dog-sat" Justin's 10 month old, 80 pound, yellow lab, Scout:


I know, he's super cute, right?? He's VERY energetic too - ha! ha!

The layout that I'm sharing with you today highlights a photo of my little family while we were on vacation in Colorado in 2004. I matted the photo on 3 coordinating, layered pieces of cardstock, leaving an extended edge on the chocolate brown piece. On that edge I punched 4 holes, added eyelets, and then criss-crossed a piece of jute through the eyelets. I wove a silver heart through the jute...it is recycled from a necklace that I picked up at our local $1.00 jewelry shop. (If you have a $1.00 jewelry shop in your area, they are FANTASTIC places to pick up lots of inexpensive embellishment pieces for crafts! I find great stuff at our local shop all the time!)


Wishing you a SUPER day!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.