Monday, May 19, 2014

A Scrapbook Page a Day During the Month of May: No. 13

Happy Monday, friends! This is the last week of school where I work, so it's going to be a CRAAAAZY week with lots of end-of-the-school-year activities. My "adopted niece" Kennedie, (daughter of my pal Jamie), is graduating from high school this week. I can't even believe that she is old enough to be graduating and preparing to head off to college! It seems just like yesterday that she was 9 years old and sitting in my office talking about the latest books that she was reading - time surely does fly!!

I have been working on the decorations for Kennedie's graduation party which is later this week, and I'll be sharing those photos with you soon. Since graduation is on everyone's mind, I decided to share one of the scrapbook pages that I created to commemorate my son Justin's graduation in 2008:


I enlarged the photo to 5" x 7", and then matted it on a piece of blue cardstock that I cut to 6" x 8". The background consists of two coordinating Close to My Heart papers and a strip of chocolate cardstock to cover the seam where the papers connect. I used my fleur de lis paper punch, coordinating cardstock and matching brads in each of the corners to pull the design all together.

Thanks for dropping by today! Have a SUPER week!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.