Thursday, May 1, 2014

A Scrapbook Page a Day for the Month of May: No.1

Hi, friends! Today begins a month long journey where I'll be sharing "A Scrapbook Page A Day for the Month of May" with you. Each week day this month I'll post a new scrapbook page from my albums. (Saturday and Sunday will still have their normal features; "Silly Saturday" and "Quote Sunday".)

Alrighty, let's get started! As a mom, I have always loved taking photographs of my son Justin. As all mom's know, when our kiddos reach the teen years they are usually less than thrilled about having their photo taken...unless it's taken with something that they LOVE!

When Justin turned 16 he had a truck that he and his dad had worked on over the course of a couple of years to ready it for him to drive. They replaced the motor and did some other mechanical work on it so that it was running good-as-new by the time that Justin got his driver's license. To celebrate this milestone birthday - turning 16 - I took Justin out to a nearby pasture with his truck and I was able to get some remarkable photos of him. He was happy to pose for me, because in most of the photos he was "sharing the stage" with something that he loved...the truck that he and his dad had spent so many hours on.

The photo that is highlighted on this scrapbook page is one of my favorites from this day with Justin. Although his red Chevy truck isn't in this photograph, this photo is just so "Justin"...bright blue eyes, wind-tussled hair, Carhart jacket and blue jeans. I actually created an entire album from the photos that I took that day, (I'll share that album with you on another day), but here's my favorite that I had enlarged to an 8" x 10" size to really shine on this simple layout:


So, in a nutshell, if you've got a kiddo that doesn't like and/or refuses to let you photograph them, consider asking them to pose for you with something that they love. Be it a vehicle, a computer, books, a pet...you get the idea...photographing them with an object helps them to loosen up, feel more comfortable and takes some of the stiffness out of the photo session.

Thanks for dropping by today!

Blessings,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I truly value your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Have a blessed day! Becky B.